I love so much this kind of salads! Putting legumes in salads, can transform them to a main, delicious and quick meal!
But chickpeas? Why?
- They are ideal during pregnancy and breastfeeding as they are rich in folic acid, calcium and magnesium
- They reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, because they’re high on fiber, antioxidants, magnesium and potassium.
- Chickpeas are the only legumes that contain the amino acid methionine, that can compete animal protein
In addition, this dish contains all the summer vegetables that we would put in a greek salad! The result is so refreshing and delicious, that will make you to eat legumes every day! And as a cold salad, it’s fully customizable!
- You can replace the vinegar with a spoonful of lemon. And the zest, please!
- Add everything else you like. Baked carrots, some pickled vegetables, olives or rice would fit perfectly!
Summer chickpea salad
So refreshing and easy to make! It could be an ideal dinner choice!
- 1 cup chickpeas raw or canned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
We boil the chickpeas about half an hour and wash them in cold water
In a bowl we put the chopped vegetables, chickpeas, salt, olive oil and vinegar and mix them with a spoon