Winter is finally here and i’m dreaming of chocolates! And this mousse is exactly what i need! It is sooo delicious and creamy but it’s also vegan, gluten-free and ready in no time! Chestnut chocolate combo, is one of the greatest inventions, human ever made! I love it!
The health benefits of Chestnut
- It’s rich in fiber.
- It contains a large amount of B complex vitamins, such as thiamine, pyridoxine and riboflavin, promoting the nervous system.
- It is high in folic acid, that’s necessery in pregnancy
- It is considered good source of monounsaturated fatty acids
- It is high in iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and zinc.
Chocolate can increase serotonine levels and with B complex vitamins, it makes us happier, for two reasons…
Chestnut chocolate mousse (vegan)
- 250 gr chestnuts peeled and cooked
- 100 gr dark chocolate (>65% cacao) dairy-free or sugar free
- 150 gr coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp stevia/ maple syrup/ honey or any flavoring of your choice
Blend chestnuts with coconut milk and flavoring
Melt chocolate and add it in the mixture
Whisk it until smooth.
Refrigerate for an hour
You can add coffee, vanilla extract, cinnamon or rum